Steel Casting Development in recent years
Steel casting technology develops very fast
around the world for its widely application, and its development is
a great contribution to human beings and our wonderful life.
In recent years, the steel castings used in low temperature are
increasing, many of them are low temperature pressure parts, and
this kind of steel casting usually has strict requirements for
low-temperature impact toughness.
In all the requirements for steel castings, for many steel
foundries, impact toughness is the most difficult one to reach the
standard. Measures usually taken to improve the impact toughness by
steel foundries are as followed:
1. Reduce the carbon content in steel castings;
2. Increase the manganese, carbon ratio (Mn / c) appropriately;
3. Add alloying elements, such as Ni, Cr, Mo, etc;
4. Reduce the sulfur content;
5. Reduce the sulfur inclusions in steel, and improve the shape of
6. Use refining processes;
7. Improve heat treatment process.
Among all the measures mentioned above, improving heat treatment
should be considered as the top option for several reasons:
1. It does not lead to very significant adjustments in casting
2. There is no need adding equipment;
3. There is very little increase in production costs.
As for the general steel castings, we usually use annealing,
normalizing or quenching and other heat treatment processes. For
annealed steel castings, the mechanical performance requirements are
generally not high and this kind of castings does not need to be
dealt with the two-phase region.
Steel castings with normalizing or quenching and tempering, such as
require improved impact performance, two-phase region handling can
As an experienced foundry in China, Dandong Foundry will make every
effort in steel casting production process and produce more and more
perfect steel castings for the whole world.